To meet the standards established by the Macau SAR Government guidelines and to provide efficient services to our fellow departments, requestors are asked to observe the following before submitting E-forms to their superiors for approval:
Local Suppliers is the First Priority
In principle, local suppliers are given the priority to tender. Quotations can only be obtained from overseas suppliers when:
- the particular vendors are the exclusive suppliers of the products when there are no other alternative goods and services found in the local market;
- local vendors are unable to respond to an invitation to tender or to quote a price;
- local market prices are significantly higher than overseas prices.
A letter from the vendor declaring that they are the sole dealer/agent must be attached to the E-form. (According to Decree-Law No. 122/84/M, Article 7, December 15).
New suppliers need to fill out and present a copy of a Government Registration Form (M1 & M8) and operating/business/financial records that indicate their companies have been established for at least a year.
Single Source Supplier
PCT may seek additional information from requestors when a designated manufacturer or a specific brand of equipment/machinery is recommended by them. Requestors will need to provide the following to PCT concerning the products:
- A solid justification for choosing a certain brand;
- Advantages of the products;
- Alternative brands;
- Sources of information concerning the products.