To contribute for environmental protection, we University of Macau have implemented an Environmental Management System in accordance with the ISO 14001 Standard.
In keeping with the intent of the Standard, we adhere to the attached Quality and Environmental Policy, and would like to invite for the co-operation of you all our contractors or suppliers to observe the particular requirements as follow:
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements to which your company subscribes in regard to environment protection.
- Control the use of materials and resources (e.g. electricity, fuel, chemicals, paper, etc.) to minimise consumption and wastage. Use environmental friendly alternatives where possible during daily operations. Reuse and recycle wherever possible.
- Store and handle properly all materials/chemicals to prevent any spillage and leakage.
- Ensure all solid waste is properly handled, stored and disposed of to avoid any spillage. All chemical waste should be handled, stored and disposed of in accordance with legal requirements.
- Use legal fuel and regularly maintain all vehicles.
- Take appropriate measures to minmise/reduce dust generation, air/exhaust emissions and noise generation during daily operations where practicable.
- Discharge all waste water to foul sewer.
To enable a better evaluation of our performance in environmental protection, a questionnaire will be attached in “Application Form for Registration as a Supplier” (please go to “Download Center (Suppliers)” for downloading the form) for new Contractors/Suppliers filling in and returning by email or by fax. We would highly appreciate your kind assistance in this respect.